Venue: Online via the Zoom app
Contact: Sarah James 01395 519978 Email: email@example.com
Information on public speaking is available online
There were no members of the public registered to speak.
The minutes of the previous meeting held on 30 May 2023 were noted as a true and accurate record.
Declarations of interest
Guidance is available online to Councillors and co-opted members on making declarations of interest
Cllr Davey wished it to be recorded that he is on the membership of the PETS Group in his capacity as Portfolio Holder Strategic Planning, Exmouth Town Ward Member and as Chair of Exmouth Town Council. He stated that in discussion, he would make clear the capacity in which he was speaking.
The Project Manager – Place and Prosperity (Exmouth) ran through the update report which summarised progress since the last meeting of the Placemaking in Exmouth Town and Seafront Group, and set out the details and objectives for two workshops with the Placemaking consultants and multiple stakeholders, scheduled for 31st July and 11th September.
In appendices to the report, Members also received an Exmouth Place Plan presentation from the Placemaking consultants detailing their understanding of the brief and the key deliverable stages, and the Exmouth Placemaking Delivery Plan setting out what has been achieved, and the next key tasks.
Discussion and clarification included the following points:
· The LED CEO will be invited to provide an update on LED’s activities at the Queen’s Drive Fitness Space.
· A carousel will be placed on the seafront for 28 days in August.
· It was noted that Devon County Council will be installing additional car parking signage by September which will signpost drivers to the more underused car parks on the seafront but it is disappointing that it could not be installed in time for peak tourist season.
· Devon County Council are holding a drop-in event at Exmouth Leisure Centre on Thursday 27th July to look at the plans for Active Travel (formerly known as Destination Exmouth) and both East Devon and Exmouth Town Councillors are encouraged to attend.
· It was clear from the public consultation that environment is considered a high priority. The Climate Change Strategy is a horizontal principle in the Placemaking vision and will impact on the designs and proposals coming forward from the Placemaking consultants.
Members noted the report and the progress since the previous meeting.