Register of interests

Councillor Jack Rowland

I, Councillor Jack Rowland being a Member of East Devon District Council, give notice of those interests which I am required to declare under The Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012 and East Devon District Council's Code of Conduct. I understand that I must also declare any interest of a 'relevant person' [my spouse or civil partner or of any person with whom I am living as a husband or wife or as if we were civil partners] on sections 1 to 6 of this form, as defined in the Council's Code of Conduct. I have also declared my personal interests on sections 7 – 11 of this form as required by the Code of Conduct.

1. Employment, Office, Trade, Profession or Vocation
Description of activity Name of Employer, body, firm or company
None personally -
Partner works in Personnel / Recuitment Devon & Somerset Fire Authority
Partner is a Director Mashiter Properties Ltd
2. Sponsorship
Name of Sponsor
£100 contribution made by Independent East Devon Alliance towards my May 2019 election expenses in connection with East Devon District Council elections
3. Interests in companies and securities
Name of company
4. Contracts for Goods, Works or Services with the Council
Contract details
5. Interests in land in the District Council area
Address/Description of Land Nature of Interest in Land
18 Albion Close, Seaton, Devon EX12 2XS Own 53%, remaining 47% owned by my partner, Joan Maureen Mashiter
37 Norcombe Court, Seaton EX12 2XN Owned by my partner solely in her name
21 Havenview Road, Seaton EX12 2PF 50% owned by my partner as a Director of Mashiter Properties Ltd
6. Corporate Tenancies: Land leased from East Devon District Council
Address/Description of Property Nature of Interest in Property
None -

Personal Interests

7. Membership of outside bodies
Body or organisation Position
EDDC Joint Panel Councillor Member
8. Membership of any other body exercising functions of a public nature
Name of Organisation Position
Devon & Cornwall Police Volunteer member
Seaton Area Health Matters Chair
9. Membership of any body directed to charitable purposes
Name of Body Position
None -
10. Membership of bodies influencing public opinion or policy or which may create of conflict of interest in carrying out your duties as a Councillor
Name of Body
Member of Independent East Devon Alliance
11. Any easement, servitude, interest or right in or over land which does not carry with it a right for you (alone or jointly with another) to occupy the land or to receive income.

I recognise that if I fail to comply with the Code of Conduct for Members of East Devon District Council, or omit any information that should be included in this declaration; give false or misleading information; or do not tell the Council of any changes to this declaration or new interests I acquire, there may be a criminal offence and/or the matter may be referred to the Monitoring Officer for investigation.