Prior to October 2020, informal notes of this group were recorded, which you can access from this link: Exmouth Queen’s Drive notes September 2019 to January 2020.
From East Devon District Council;
Ward Member from Littleham (Chair), Leader (Vice Chair), Portfolio Holders for Economy & Assets and Strategic Planning, Ward Members from Brixington (x1), Halsdon (x 1), Littleham (x 2 incl Chair), Town (x 2) and Withycombe Raleigh (x 1).
From Exmouth Town Council;
The Mayor and one further Councillor
Service Lead (Place, Assets & Commercialisation), Principal Solicitor & Deputy Monitoring Officer, Clerk of Exmouth Town Council.
Meetings: A minimum of four times per year
Quorum: Four District Councillors
Terms of Reference – Revised in June 2022 following Cabinet approval
· To provide a reference group of district and town councillors with officer support to inform progress and to make recommendations to East Devon District Council’s Cabinet to enable it to take forward the successful delivery of Exmouth Queen’s Drive Redevelopment.
· To provide a reference group of district and town councillors with officer support to make recommendations to East Devon District Council’s Cabinet on the development and management of Place Making in Exmouth Town and Seafront including the Ocean building.
· To receive briefings and reports from officers and to act as a point of reference for the successful delivery Place Making in Exmouth Town and Seafront.
· To monitor progress on achieving the delivery of the Place Making in Exmouth Town and Seafront
· To advise on and input to external expert and professional consultancy;
· To support further engagement of public and stakeholders;
· To promote best practice, help overcome barriers and promote optimal outcomes for the benefit of Place Making in Exmouth Town and Seafront
· To promote the objectives and successes of Place Making in Exmouth Town and Seafront
· To liaise with and share information with Exmouth Town Council and relevant Stakeholder groups as appropriate’.
To assist the Delivery Group they may, through the Chair, invite individuals with relevant expertise to attend on a ‘one-off’ basis to discuss a particular issue. The District Council will provide the secretariat service for the Placemaking in Exmouth Town and Seafront Group.
The Placemaking in Exmouth Town and Seafront Group will be open to the public (Part A) but may have a private part to the meeting (Part B) to discuss confidential and sensitive matters.
To ensure that there is public awareness of the Placemaking in Exmouth Town and Seafront Group’s activities, discussions and project progress, notes of meetings will be publicly available and published as part of the District Council’s Cabinet agendas.
Placemaking in Exmouth Town and Seafront Group will be subject to review in two years’ time to assess need for continuation and/or whether any changes are appropriate.
Support officer: Sarah James. 01395 519978 Email: email@example.com