The housing review board consists of five councillors, five tenants and leaseholder representatives, and two independent community representatives. The tenant representatives and community representatives have to make declarations on the register of interests. The non-councillor members are co-opted members and have the right to vote.
The role of the housing review board is to:
· consider matters relating to the council's landlord and housing management functions
· advise the cabinet on housing policy and operational practice, where this affects the council's tenants and leaseholders
· keep under review the housing stock options appraisal and monitor the conditions which will influence the future arrangements for the ownership and management of the council's housing stock
· promote good practice and monitor service delivery
· examine subjects and issues as directed by the cabinet
Full details of the housing review board are set out in the constitution.
Support officer: Alethea Thompson. 01395 517653; email firstname.lastname@example.org