The Cabinet makes operational decisions in accordance with council policy. It is here that key decisions are considered from the forward plan. The Cabinet provides effective strategic leadership, ensures council policies are implemented and monitors service delivery.
The role of the Cabinet is to:
· advise the council on financial and economic policy
· recommend the council tax level
· control the accounts
· prepare the community plan in partnership with other agencies
· submit an annual best value performance plan
· implement the code of corporate governance
· consider submissions from the overview committees
The full terms of reference of the cabinet are detailed in the constitution.
Support officer: Amanda Coombes, Democratic Services Officer. 01395 517543 or email email@example.com
Phone: 01395 517543