Venue: Council chamber, Blackdown House, Honiton
Contact: Christopher Lane 01395 517544; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declarations of interest
Guidance is available online to Councillors and co-opted members on making
There were no declarations of interest.
The Sub Committee gave consideration to an application for a grant of a premise licence where an agreed position had been reached and all parties had agreed that a hearing was unnecessary. The Sub Committee considered a number of concerns relating to similar previous events, and representations made by the police, when making their decision.
The Licensing Officer explained the background to the application and the negotiations that had been carried out.
RESOLVED that the application be granted as below, subject to the agreed position set out in the schedule and any relevant statutory conditions and the applicants having complied with the relevant statutory requirements.
Type of application:
Application for the grant of a time limited premises licence.
Name of premises and address:
Exmouth Festival, Imperial Recreation Ground, Royal Avenue, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 1DG.
Agreed position reached by the parties:
Following mediation an agreement has been reached between the applicant (Exmouth Town Council) and Devon & Cornwall Police. Both parties consider a
hearing to be unnecessary if the following agreed position is approved.
The application to be approved as submitted, subject to the following additional conditions:
1. The Licence holder will comply with the EMP throughout the event as submitted to and approved by the Safety Advisory Group and the Licensing Authority
2. The final draft of the EMP will be submitted to the Safety Advisory Group one month prior to the event taking place.
3. The premises will adopt a Challenge 25 policy. The only acceptable forms of ID will be Passport, Photo Driving Licence or Government approved PASS Card.
4. SIA registered door staff will be employed at the event in such numbers and times agreed with the Police prior to the event taking place. Security schedules will be listed in the EMP.
5. All drinks served at the bar will be served in Plastic/polycarbonate or toughened glass.
6. An incident log shall be kept and maintained at the premises, which will include a log of the following:
· Any incidents of disorder or of a violent or antisocial nature
· Any crimes at the venue
· All ejections of patrons
· Seizures of drugs or offensive weapons
7. All refused sales will be recorded and to include the
· Date and time of the refusal
· The reason for the refusal
· Details of the person refusing the sale
· Description of the customer
· Any other relevant observations